Thursday, November 3, 2011

Writing and More Amyisms


On November 1, I created an account with National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).  NaNoWriMo is a month long challenge to create a novel and write at least 50,000 words.  I’ve always considered myself a writer.  I am published.  I researched, wrote and organized pictures in a pictorial history of the town where I grew up.  I had another paper published in the Chronicles of Oklahoma.  I have written a novel (which by the way I am dusting off for NaNoWriMo…which I suppose is sort of cheating since I’ve already written over 63,000 words for it, but whatever) and a couple of children’s books.  I also have religiously, but without actual religion, kept this blog going for 314 days in a row.  I even sometimes get paid for my writing…sure it may just buy dinner with a buy one get one free coupon at Macaroni Grill, but money is money, right?  I have always loved words.  I also have always loved books.  Losing yourself in the words someone has compiled to create an amazing novel is one of the best ways to spend your time.  Writing is not easy, but it is something I will always want to do. 

I talked with my mom earlier today.  The conversation yielded two new Amyisms to add to the list I created earlier.  Click here for the first list.



Argyle Socks = Argo Socks

Vitiligo (condition that causes depigmentation of sections of skin) = Infantiago

No comments:

Post a Comment